Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These two pups will probably end up in the 30 pound range full grown. Don't know who dad is (mom was a stray found pregnant), but mom is from a long coated breed.

I would love to read other's guesses on mom and even dad - although he can't be confirmed.

SOB

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Eee! How cute! I bet Daddy Dog was a Beagle. Mama Dog. . .a spaniel of some sort maybe? Cocker or Springer?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eee! How cute! I bet Daddy Dog was a Beagle. . . . .
They are VERY adorable. A Beagle sire has been my guess as well . . . I think it is fairly obvious but there might be a long eared mid-sized smooth coated breed that has escaped my brain.

Mom's breed still hasn't been guessed.

SOB

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Right now I can't think of a mid-sized long-coated breed that's not a spaniel. Have to go look at dog pictures, LOL.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Is she a CKCS? They do have cute little faces like a Cav but then most puppies are like that. Or maybe a Brittany. Those are the only Spaniels I can think of unless she's a really rare breed.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
The one on the right almost looks pointer-y, but you said the mom was long haired. Hrm... setter, maybe?

ETA: Whoops, didn't see the spaniel comment. I'm with willowy, then. Cav or Brittany. Maybe papillon, if you're counting those as a spaniel.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
The one on the right almost looks pointer-y, but you said the mom was long haired. Hrm... setter, maybe?

ETA: Whoops, didn't see the spaniel comment. I'm with willowy, then. Cav or Brittany. Maybe papillon, if you're counting those as a spaniel.
Mia doesn't count as a real spaniel anymore? lol

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I didn't mean they don't count as spaniels, I meant I don't know if they are counted as spaniels or not. ;-)
They are. They're just the little outcast of the family, lol.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
They are. They're just the little outcast of the family, lol.
. . . . well, the Phalenes aren't outcast.;)

. . . . unless she's a really rare breed.
She is not a well known or common breed. This IS a hard one guys. I was really astounded when I found the pups photos, as they were listed as her mix and not a Beagle mix.

This is a pure demonstration of the dominance of some of the traits that I believe were contributed by a Beagle - short coat, and pendulum ear leathers, but bone as well.

SOB

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
oh god is it a clumber spaniel????
I was trying to place those thick little legs. But Clumbers are big. Maybe a Sussex?

Or we can forget the thick legs (but they are thick!) and say Kooikerhondje or small Münsterländer.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So, here is mom. She is ~ 16 lbs. She was advertised by the rescue as a Tibbie, and she looks full Tibbie. Obviously she carries parti coloring (as do a good number of Tibbies) and black and tan. The sire to the litter had to be black, or black and white, or possibly red/lemon (and white too). This is something that I wondered about with the pups so much resembling Beagles ---- cuz I don't recall ever seeing a black and white Beagle, BUT the sire could also have been a Beagle mix.

SOB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts