Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.....first post. This is ben
DSCF0045.jpg DSCF0008.JPG DSCF0051.jpg DSCF0063.jpg

Hopefully that worked. I've never uploaded photos before. I know you can never tell for sure with breeds. I've had people guess yellow lab, pit, chow, Gshepherd.

He stands 22inchs at the withers and is 66 lbs. But probably should weigh 50ish. I've stopped free feeding. His coat is midway between coarse and smooth and is fairly long although it lies flat. He has a moderate undercoat.

He is 2 years 8 months that is the best guess at least. I've always thought he was some sort of golden mix.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Ben is a handsome fella for sure. He looks pretty much Yellow Lab to me. Maybe a bit of something else in there. Love his name, I was going to name a dog Ben but my brother in laws name is Ben and I thought he would see it as an insult as he isn't a dog person.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I see lab and beagle. Cute dog. :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
A golden mixed with a lab might explain the short fur and the muzzle, which looks very golden to me. Whatever he is, he's very handsome. Such a serious face!

·
Registered
259 Posts
A lot of lab. And something a little different. I could see the golden or the beagle, but first thought was golden as he looks more golden than yellow lab in his color. Kind of. In a picture or two lol Ok, it was my first thought anyway.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I also though Golden/Beagle mix. Sure is a cutie! :)

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
His face in the first picture really says beagle to me, possibly mixed with lab and/or golden.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
His face and eyes look beagly to me. Just a guess of course.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I see the beagle!

Beagle/lab is my first guess. Beagle/golden would make sense to me, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had never even considered beagle. But I kind of do see it now.

Temperment wise he isn't very much like a beagle or golden though. He is very quiet, very protective and very clean.

Beagles are actually the breed I'm most familiar with I know 2 currently. And my next door neighbor had one growing up. And god love'em but IME beagles are none of the 3.

He is a sniffer though, loves to scent rabbit trails though the yard. And he has high energy like a beagle.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yes i see the Beagle, espically in the first photo, i would go with everyone else and say golden or Lab or maybe he is Beagle/Lab/Golden.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts