Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you in advance for your answers.

We just bought a very beautiful German Shoirthair Pointer a couple days ago. Yesterday I started to notice that her right front paw faces in as she runs. It's almost as if from her "ankle" down is slightly larger than the other legs. This is causing issues when she runs as she tumbles down a lot. I knows puppies tumble alot but seeing her almost run on her ankle is worrisome! I have her scheduled to go to the vet on Friday anyway, but I was hoping I could get info before heading there. Is this anything to worry about? When she stands up straight it doesn't look awkward and she doesn't limp or yelp.

Background info on her:
Smallest in a litter of 10 (yes 10). Came from a breeder I trust is very good. Despite her small size, she is in perfect health (from what I can tell) other than her paw issue. After the adjustment day, she is very active and picking up quick on clicker training. Has a very good appetite and regular potty times without problems.

Thank you again.

VR
GSP KOZ

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
We have at least one GSP person as a member, hopefully, they show up.

My immediate thought is that puppies grow in fits and spurts and maybe she's just a little awkward right now and will grow out of it. I am glad you're taking her to the vet, though. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
15 yr owning GSP competition/hunting dogs and not really a GSP problem more possibly accident with other pups playing/biting at each other, agree with good for Vet trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping it's nothing. It just seems very awkward when she runs. When she stands still or walks at a slow pace it's like nothing is wrong. On Friday I'll update after little Luna's vet visit. Hopefully the answer will be able to help others down the line.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Sounds like he is pigeon toed to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts