Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My darling little girl bowie has been having bladder issues lately when we got her around 9 weeks(12 weeks now) she had a severe Uti and required antiobotics(blood work said kindeys and liver are fine). Since we've had her she sometimes pees in her sleep, which i contributed to the uti. The problem is she still leaking quite a bit in her sleep and she only has two more doses of antibiotics. Shes very good at peeing outside(mostly on my deck :/), and asking to go out when she has too. However, i still catch her leaking in her sleep. Just saw the vet yesterday which she hadnt done it in while so i failed to bring it up, she eats normally, drinks a tad much i believe, but not extremely excessive to cause concern. Do uti stunt bladder growth? Or is this a phase that will pass? (some people stated on sites their pups stopped around 6 to10 months). Any help, recommendations are welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
The only dog I have had that leaked while sleeping as a puppy, was a Rhodesian Ridgeback and she just grew out of it. Always wondered if she just slept too soundly and did not yet have enough bladder control until she was older.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts