Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
echoone.jpg

Would like opinions. Leaning towards Mal/Lab mix as he has the body and legs of a Mal. I also know Malinois is not a common breed to mix with so I'm conflicted. Could also be GSD/Lab mix. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Black Mouth Cur, maybe with a bit of something else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought that as well. But the only matching characteristic is the mask. Body type, face shape, and temperment don't match.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You're not going to be able to narrow anything down without actually knowing at least one parent (and only if that parent is a purebred).

Just go with mix of a mix, which is probably what the dog is.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
He fits the look of a Lab/GSD mix, possibly mixed with Golden ... clearly a Heinz possibility. I wouldn't be as specific as a Mal.

Does he have webbed feet and love water? That can be a Lab trait. Some dogs will 'attack' water from a hose, but Labs tends to play with water, and usually aren't scared or angry about it. [One way to reprimand a dog is to use a squirt gun ... that can be a reward [!!!] for a Lab.]

Does he LOVE people ... a lab trait.

Is he very smart, and easy to train [ but may be independent] ? That may give you the GSD/Lab personalities.

Does he like to cuddle, does he seek out strangers, is he a sweet dog? About 10 years ago, I asked that same question on the Forum, and many owners who had a brown Lab/GSD remarked that their dog was especially sweet ... even compared to most Labs or other Lab mixes [but I'm not biased...]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts