Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is similar to a few of the others, but I didn't want to hijack anyone's post.

Last night I was walking the dog and I passed by a house that I normally walk by. I've never seen a dog there but 2 dogs (a large mixed breed and a golden) came running out at me. The golden was friendly but the mixed breed rushed my dog and started snapping at his face. I had Rufus in a heel so I was in the middle of the fray, eep! I yelled "HEY" in a mean voice which startled the dog and then i pushed him back with my foot. He came around the back and tried to get at Rufus again and I had to do sort of a donkey kick to keep him away. I probably looked like a complete fool but I managed to keep the dog away as he circled and continued to charge. Meanwhile no one came out of the house to see what the ruckus was. There was some little kid in the doorway who ran away when I yelled at them to get the dog.

I'm hoping it was an isolated incident, but it's not fair that I have to avoid their house because they can't keep their dogs under control. Was there a better way for me to handle the situation? Some elderly couple was passing by and gave me the stink eye, but whether it was for all the barking and snarling or for my piss poor karate skills i can't say :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would either try to talk to them in person or leave them a polite note telling them what happened, that you're just sure they didn't know that their dogs had gotten out, and for their safety and yours, to please keep a better eye on them.

If it happens again, I would call Animal Control. They most likely broke the law by allowing their dogs off their property unleashed. My dog was attacked by a GSD that wasn't under proper control and if I were you, I wouldn't take any chances.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts