Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I am refused by tractor supply to take back the food I have,then a really nice place I used to buy dog food from comes on Facebook and makes a post that they have never carried Diamond foods and when I tell them yes you do,they said NO we only carry higher end premium foods so I sent them the food list and they swore that it was wrong. So I went to the TOTW website and it said it right there that it was made in SC and here in SC we only have 2 plants 1makes Apex foods which is a very small company and the food is expensive and not that great and the other is Diamond. Geesh,how uneducated you would think that would've done their homework.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Apparently, there denying the sell of the dog food because of the dog food recalls. It sucks. They need to refund your money. Maybe if you contact TOTW themselves instead of the Factory, they may refund your money. Good Luck.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted the entire list of foods being recalled and the lists of food that Diamond makes on their Facebook page. And so far they have left it there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
They know there Guilty as SIN. The FDA has already posted the states that the contaminated dog foods have been sent to and the name of the Manufacturing companies and the names of the brand of dog foods. Big corporations like to deny and cover up there big mistakes. When the dog food recall happened in 2007 I think, many people lost there pets and lawsuits were filed. some people were compensated for there losses while others are still waiting or dealing with red tape. These companies started this mess and they need to be held accountable and pay up for the losses many people have suffered when there pets got very sick and died.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
They know there Guilty as SIN. The FDA has already posted the states that the contaminated dog foods have been sent to and the name of the Manufacturing companies and the names of the brand of dog foods. Big corporations like to deny and cover up there big mistakes. When the dog food recall happened in 2007 I think, many people lost there pets and lawsuits were filed. some people were compensated for there losses while others are still waiting or dealing with red tape. These companies started this mess and they need to be held accountable and pay up for the losses many people have suffered when there pets got very sick and died.
Diamond isn't responsible for what Tractor Supply tries to dodge. So far, no dog has gotten very sick and died from the foods in the recent Diamond recall. A few people have gotten salmonella though. Salmonella is a risk any time you are handling raw meat (especially poultry) and I think Diamond was responsible in issuing a VOLUNTARY recall. If you actually look, many foods including Blue Buffalo and Wellness have had recent recalls as well. The big recall several years ago was about toxins from China in foods - a lot more serious than salmonella. By the way - the best pizza in the world is at a little restaurant called Sam and Ella's in Tahlequa, Oklahoma (say it fast)

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
People get salmonella ALL THE TIME (ever had "stomach flu"? Yup, probably salmonella). The only reason we know that the 14 people (such an epidemic!) got salmonella from the dog food is because they back-traced the bacteria's DNA to the dog food. Super high-tech stuff that wasn't possible even a few years ago.

·
Registered
357 Posts
OMG I forgot about Tractor Supply LOLOL. Maybe Tractor Supply does not want to refund it cause they feel its Diamond's responsibility perhaps? but still they should give you a refund. when a recall is issued. why is it a Voluntary one and not a Mandatory one?

Tahlequa, Oklahoma (say it fast)....I tried to, but, It sounded very Exorcist like LMAO.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Not the Tahlequa part (lol I did that first, too)! The Sam 'n' Ella's part. . .

·
Registered
357 Posts
LMAO, Then it sounds like Salmonella LOLOL.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The smaller specialty stores are worse than the big box stores. I asked about Apex dog food. Was told that it was made by a private small company in Cola come to find out it is made by Diamond but is sold by a different company.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Cola? Is that short for Colorado? What small specialty stores?

·
Registered
262 Posts
OMG I forgot about Tractor Supply LOLOL. Maybe Tractor Supply does not want to refund it cause they feel its Diamond's responsibility perhaps? but still they should give you a refund. when a recall is issued. why is it a Voluntary one and not a Mandatory one?

Tahlequa, Oklahoma (say it fast)....I tried to, but, It sounded very Exorcist like LMAO.
they should refund your money for the food the company reimburses them back the money to the stores

·
Registered
538 Posts

Nothing useful to add... just....BAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the LOL!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cola.= Columbia,SC. Sorry about that I was typing in a hurry. I took the food back yesterday and got my money back I also had the recall information on my phone just in case. And they still had lots of the recalled food on the shelf at Tractor supply.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Cola.= Columbia,SC. Sorry about that I was typing in a hurry. I took the food back yesterday and got my money back I also had the recall information on my phone just in case. And they still had lots of the recalled food on the shelf at Tractor supply.
Good grief! What is wrong with those folks ... leaving recalled food on the shelves! :/

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't check the codes but the shelves were stocked. They had Naturals,all the 4Health,TOTW and I seen Diamond puppy. They said they have the to go through their food and it wasn't currently for sale yet they didn't have any signs up saying the food wasn't for sale. Then they tried to get me to try Dads brand food???

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I didn't check the codes but the shelves were stocked. They had Naturals,all the 4Health,TOTW and I seen Diamond puppy. They said they have the to go through their food and it wasn't currently for sale yet they didn't have any signs up saying the food wasn't for sale. Then they tried to get me to try Dads brand food???
Yikes! ..... The pet chain store we went to yesterday had their shelves cleared of all the recalled food. They were bare shelves.

I decided not to buy any dog food yet. I was going to try Wellness ... changed my mind ... still researching. :/
It is about the dogs but also myself with my copd ... there are many antibiotics I cannot take ... and this disease makes my immune system at risk ... not ready to croak just yet! Lol! I know everything is a risk ... but hey! Why push it!? :)

·
Registered
357 Posts

Dads brand Food? Never heard of that one. They are being totally irresponsible for not clearing there shelves of the food or at least putting a sign in front of the foods saying: NOT FOR SALE.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yikes! ..... The pet chain store we went to yesterday had their shelves cleared of all the recalled food. They were bare shelves.

I decided not to buy any dog food yet. I was going to try Wellness ... changed my mind ... still researching. :/
It is about the dogs but also myself with my copd ... there are many antibiotics I cannot take ... and this disease makes my immune system at risk ... not ready to croak just yet! Lol! I know everything is a risk ... but hey! Why push it!? :)

When handling your dog's food, have you ever thought of wearing disposable gloves like the ones doctor's use and then washing your hands with antibacterial soap? Just ask your doctor to see if that's a good way of avoiding getting you sick.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts