Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little dog, 4 1/2 months, 7 lbs- she growls and attacks my face when I am working ont he computer next to her!! She swats me with her paw at times, too- but the growling is regular.

Clearly demanding attention but what do I do? TIA for any advice

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Little dog, 4 1/2 months, 7 lbs- she growls and attacks my face when I am working ont he computer next to her!! She swats me with her paw at times, too- but the growling is regular.

Clearly demanding attention but what do I do? TIA for any advice
How is a 7 lb dog able to reach your face? If you are on the couch or floor, move to a chair. Ignore demands for attention and teach her a "go lay down" command. Make sure she is getting enough exercise each day.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
She's biting you on the face? Um, yeah, you want to nip that in the bud. You need to teach a "go lay down" command and only reward calm, nice behavior, not face biting. SN is right, if the dog isn't getting enough exercise, her behavior will be bad. You'd be surprised how much bad behavior is cured not with training, but with more walking.

Check out kikopup on youtube. You can learn a lot about clicker training and how to encourage good behavior and end bad behavior positively.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both- you have no idea how much. I will check out the clicker training. She needs more structure, training and exercise- after reading these forums, I see that now.... and she needs to have a firmer hand, she's been calling the shots LOL! really, thank you so much

1 - 4 of 4 Posts