Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is a mix breed with rottweiler hair every brush i used to groom her make her jump (she has tumors and cysts), what is the best type of brush to use?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Perhaps a rubber curry brush, something on the order of a zoom groom would be best?

To get out loose fur giving a warm bath and rubbing the fur of a short haired dog until it is dry gets out gobs of hair and no scratchy brush required. I choose a warm enough day and stop every 5 minutes during a walk to rub and ruffle the fur. You know where the lumps and bumps are and can be gentle where it bothers her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have a PetSmart near by, go and get the Furminator conditioner. Use your regular shampoo first, then put the Furminator conditioner on and let it soak for about 5 minutes. It loosens the shedding hair a lot so it's a lot easier to get more out at one time. Then, while he is still wet use a rubber curry, in our salon we use the Kong Zoom Groom (about $10 at PetSmart) and you'll watch the hair come right out.

·
Registered
591 Posts
according to Sophie my poodle/bichon mix all brushes are evil and MUST DIE lol, she hates to be brushed out so I try to keep her short but winters are harsh here and can't leave the poor girl with NO coat in winter . I have to hide brushes and sneak up on her, if she finds the brush it will die a painful slow death lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts