Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Last night my girlfriend and I brought home out new 7 week old Black Lab Puppy. Before we took her home we asked the seller to wait so that we can think a lot about it first. She called us later that night and said someone else is there who will take it so we had to decide. We pretty much made up our minds and said we will take her. I sure am glad we did. I am absolutely in love with this little dog. It's not hard by any means. Who can't fall in love with a puppy?!

We had a crate and everything ready. We just did not have a dog.

Last year about this time we got a Great Pyrenees puppy. Well, she was 3-4 months old *cannot remember exactly. And oh my! We sure where over our heads. We came to the conclusion she was abused by her previous owner. We called the seller not even 12 hours later and asked to give her back and she hung up on us. We had no idea what we did. It was an impulsive buy, in fact we sort of just bought her to buy her. We tried a lot of things but she would only run away from us. We have 2 acres and she would be on the opposite end whenever we where outside. She would never come inside. We could not catch her for walks and she would not stop barking. Would not listen. I think for us being first time dog owners we sort of jumped in the deep end with this dog. Anyhow, it all worked out amazing. A customer of mine breed JRT and lived in the woods w/ coyotes and what knot and needed a good guard dog. She also trained and showed dogs. My girlfriend quickly realized this is our one shot at giving her a good home. We tried to sell her online but did not feel comfortable with the interested parties *all seemed too much like us when we purchased her. Well, we gave her to this lady and she really did an amazing job. She sent us pictures and she looked so happy and pretty. We miss her everyday and always talk about her. Funny how that is because when she was here she drove us nuts. Bonnie *The GP, also loves other dogs, the only time she liked us or was happy is when we would borrow neighbor dogs for her to play with *and shut her up. She really pushed our patients and I feel really sad that we could not have done better.

Anyhow,

We got this Black lab last night and the seller got her the day before yesterday but could not keep her. She is so lovely and all I've really done today was play with her. My girlfriend had to get up at 5 this morning so I slept on the couch with the lights on so she could see me from her crate. Whenever she would cry I would talk to her and she would fall back asleep (works on my girlfriend sometimes too!) It was very sweet and I am so happy we brought her home! My girlfriend does not get home until 4 or 5 this evening and I am so excited to tell her all that I read on this forum! I am going to post up some other stuff + questions in other forums so feel free to check them out. I wanted to introduce me and my new dog *unnamed until my girlfriend get's home*

Anyhow, Hello,
CJ

Ooops, I thought I was in the new members section. You can move this if you like!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of good advice here as well as some heated disagreements at times. Use the former and don't let the latter scare you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of good advice here as well as some heated disagreements at times. Use the former and don't let the latter scare you.
I am very familiar with the internet forums. That's what I like most about it. You always get to see both sides of the picture and it's very helpful when developing opinions. Thank you and I look forward to a lot of participation.

CJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts