Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new here and want to share my dogs with everyone.
So, to get it out in the open (and I know there will be people who are critical, I am critical of myself for it). About a year and a half ago I got a borboel mastiff/great dane/ GSD mix named Sashenka. Because she was a mix of mostly giant breed dogs I was told she wasn't going to go into heat until a much later age. She never grew very big though and ended up going into heat two days before her scheduled date to be spayed. We put off spaying her because I knew it was a more difficult procedure if she was in heat. Well, my niece was staying with us at the time, wanted to take the dog for a walk and lost her for two hours, but was too embarrassed to admit it. Our dog never put on weight, showed no signs of being pregnant and we had no idea she had gotten out that one time. A few months later I went downstairs and noticed my dog had taken out all her toys and was lying with them on the dog bed. I started to put them away and at the bottom of the pile was a single puppy!
So, Sashenka is now spayed and Podge (the puppy) is a 72lb 5 month old puppy. And though I love Podge if I ever get another female dog I know I will get one that is already spayed so i don't have to worry about that again.

So, here is mommy, Sashenka:

And here is little Podge at 1 week old (looked like a potbelly pig):

2.5 weeks:

7 weeks:

11 weeks with momma:

And here he is now at 5 months and 72lbs:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Oh my, he really did look like a little hamlet! Too cute!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For a while there we thought he was going to be really ugly, like some sort of giant giant boar (he was already large by one week) with tiny legs and a squished face. Luckily he has gotten much better looking, though we would have loved him anyway ;)

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
If it hadn't been for the paws, I would have sworn it was a potbelly pig. Grew up to be a handsome looking dog. Makes you wonder what the father was.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Funniest looking puppy I've ever seen, but he's grown into his own! Wonder what in the world he's mixed with, as the mom is quite a mix herself. 70+ pounds at 5 months? Sheesh!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We think it was probably a shepherd husky mix in the neighborhood since he's not neutered and his owners kind of just let him wander loose. Podge's coat is black on the top but he has a white undercoat like a husky.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I see some GSD in there. They do get around. And that face is very reminiscent of my old GSD mix (in my sig). Gorgeous dogs, both of them.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Beautiful dogs! ... like others I thought I was looking at another type of "pet" with the puppy pic. Lol! :)

He sure looks beautiful. Reminds me of GSD/Dane/Rottie for some reason?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts