Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, everyone!

I'm a new Cockapoo puppy owner. (I brought him home from the breeder a week ago yesterday.) He'll be ten weeks old this weekend. He's adorable and energetic and seems to be a relatively quick learner. (I've been working on teaching him to recognize his name, to sit, to lay down, etc. We're just getting started with it but he's beginning to get some of it!)

He is not my first dog, but my last dog who passed away not too long ago was a rescue. And I adopted him as a five year old adult. The last time I had a puppy I was six and my parents did all the training. So I'm navigating new waters with the puppy. Trying to make sure I am raising him with lots of love, praise, and rewards.

I look forward to talking with you all!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Good morning, everyone!

I'm a new Cockapoo puppy owner. (I brought him home from the breeder a week ago yesterday.) He'll be ten weeks old this weekend. He's adorable and energetic and seems to be a relatively quick learner. (I've been working on teaching him to recognize his name, to sit, to lay down, etc. We're just getting started with it but he's beginning to get some of it!)

He is not my first dog, but my last dog who passed away not too long ago was a rescue. And I adopted him as a five year old adult. The last time I had a puppy I was six and my parents did all the training. So I'm navigating new waters with the puppy. Trying to make sure I am raising him with lots of love, praise, and rewards.

I look forward to talking with you all!
Welcome Cogan and puppy! Have you chosen a name for him yet? I love Cockapoos - almost got one myself! Cockers are just so amazingly affectionate and loyal and poodles are just ridiculously intelligent. Love it!! Best combination :) Look forward to seeing you on the forums!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Your like me then. I've had lots of dogs but most were grown when I got them. I have a new puppy also, making her only my second puppy to raise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Cogan and puppy! Have you chosen a name for him yet? I love Cockapoos - almost got one myself! Cockers are just so amazingly affectionate and loyal and poodles are just ridiculously intelligent. Love it!! Best combination :) Look forward to seeing you on the forums!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes - his name is Oliver. And he's a tiny bundle of cute energy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your like me then. I've had lots of dogs but most were grown when I got them. I have a new puppy also, making her only my second puppy to raise.
This is a whole new experience for me! It's great, and he's wonderful but I'm having a bit of trouble with potty training. (I posted in one of the existing new owner threads about that). But he's worth it, and it's fun having so much energy after the loss of my previous, beloved senior dog (a cocker spaniel).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Cogan, don't know if you'll I check this thread after almost a year... We just got a cockapoo on June 15, an eight week old boy Rafael. So far we say there is a good Rafa and an evil Rafa. When he gets in his revved up play mode he's a terror, biting, snarling, growling, attacking us. We,re trying the Bite Stops Here method, but it is kind of maddening. Like you, we recently lost our beloved senior, Simon, who was also a cockapoo...and was absolutely perfect. Rafa has some big shoes to fill. So, my question is did you have any more issues and is everything becoming "perfect" for you too now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts