Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Stumbled upon this website earlier after searching for what kind of puppy I want exactly, it has been awhile since I had a dog and I just feel like it is a good time for another buddy. I'm glad I came across this website and look forward to getting more involved with the community.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi and welcome... even considering I'm newer.
It's good to see that you are researching before getting a puppy, are you interested on a pure breed or you don't mind adopting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't mind having a pure breed but I think I may go down the road to adopting a puppy, some shelters have pure breeds but as of right now I'm just gathering up all the financial information and working up toward having everything set up and ready.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi...& welcome. I've had mix breeds and pure breeds and will tell you that the mix ones were generaly healthier and just a bundle of unique and different breed traits. Good thing your doing your research & good luck to ya

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Hi...& welcome. I've had mix breeds and pure breeds and will tell you that the mix ones were generaly healthier. . .
This is so untrue it's the fallacy is dripping from it.

There's nothing wrong with getting a mixed breed dog or a purebred dog, but you have the same chance for health issues with a mix breed as you do a poorly bred purebred.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is so untrue it's the fallacy is dripping from it.

There's nothing wrong with getting a mixed breed dog or a purebred dog, but you have the same chance for health issues with a mix breed as you do a poorly bred purebred.
I was just talking about characteristics but I agree with you I know many people that either have a mixed or a pure and its been pretty equal health wise, just gotta treat em good and stag away from stuff they are allergic to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts