Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I'm living in Shanghai, China and my boyfriend and I are looking after a stray dog we have adopted from our neighbourhood. I've never had a dog before, although I have looked after other pets in the past. Growing up, a close friend had dogs and I think I know the basics of how to raise one, although I'm looking to learn a lot more, particularly w/ regards to feeding and training. Hopefully this forum can be a great source of information for me :)

She's around 1 year old, has a very sweet and calm personality and is mostly housetrained and obedient already (luckily for us!). She walks very well on a lead and rarely pulls, won't fuss too much about us touching her paws or face, will lie down on command and comes quite well, although I want to work with her more training-wise. Given how well trained and good with people she seems to be already, I'm not really sure how she ended up a stray.. perhaps she just ran away and got lost?

She eats twice a day and comes with us to the company in the morning. She stays in my office, has a walk/toilet break at around 1 and 6, and then comes home with us around 8/9 when we finish work. Currently we leave the balcony door open at night in our apartment so she can go to the toilet outside as she needs to, although I'm not quite sure what we're going to do in a few months when the weather is too cold for that :/

From browsing I've done online I'd guess she's some sort of terrier or terrier-mix. Does anyone have a guess for what kind of dog she is likely to be? Whatever she is, she's very cute! My boyfriend who typically doesn't like "small dogs" fell in love with her at first sight!

The fluffy, hungry dog we first met...

Her a couple of weeks later :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
So cute! Welcome and congratulations. And thank you for rescuing! She looks part terrier to me. I just adopted a terrier cross puppy and she's quite a character. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts