Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 month old Great Pyrenees Puppy that just will not stop wolfing down his kibble dry food. No problem in eating it . No matter how many times a day I feed him. He just swallows the kibble whole. Never chews that I can see. is this going to cause a problem. What should i do. By the way I am new to the forum and I love it.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
There are bowls out there that are designed to slow a dog down when eating. I don't know of any myself but hopefully someone can come by and link you to one. Another tip is to put large rocks in your dog's bowl so that he has to push them around to eat. Make sure the rocks are clean, and too large for him to put in his mouth.

By the way, welcome to our forums. I would love to see some pictures of your Pyr -- they're such gorgeous dogs.

·
Registered
818 Posts
HI, Welcome to the forum! I just wanted to let you know that I have a Shih-poo that eats like your Great Pyr! He would gobble his food like crazy, never chewing! I had heard of the "Brakefast" bowls but didn't really like any I saw because they all were made of plastic. I didn't really like the rock idea because of messiness. Well, I order my dogs' food from Petfood Direct (Orijen Sr.) and I was browsing their website one day. I found a bowl that I thought I'd try. It's called Durapet Stainless-Steel Slow-down bowl. It comes in 3 sizes - s,m,l. I ordered the small for my dog, and let me tell you, it has worked miracles! He now finishes after, or at the same time as, the other 2!! That was unheard of before! It really has slowed down his eating! I don't know if he chews his food any better, but it has slowed him down considerably! I love it! It is easy to clean, too. I highly recomment trying this bowl. It is kinda pricey, I guess. The small one is 12.00. I believe the med. is about 17.00 and the large is 21.00. I feel it was worth the price! Good luck! Check out their website www.petfooddirect.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thanks for the Info on the bowls I will have to check them out. I will try to get pics of Buddy my Great Pyr on here soon. I also have a German Shepard/Chow Chow Mix named Daisy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts