Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Great news!! Max the dog that was given to me by a friend that could no longer care for him due to living with his elderly grandfather is back with his real owner! Max's training had progressed greatly in the short amount of time he lived with me. My friend has moved out of his grandfathers house into a little house with a LARGE fenced in back yard. He has agreed to keep up with Max's training classses and to allow him to stay inside. I am so very happy for him!

Lassie has also greatly improved in her training and his living with my sister and her female beagle because she didn't get along with Sophie our Basenji. She is taking daily walks with groups of my sisters friends and their dogs. She no longer barks at everything and she no longer takes running leaps into people. We are still working on having people aproach her and her not jumping on them. She attends Basic training classes 3 times a week.

Now for my new addition. I was given a CKC Reverse Brindle 8 month old Boxer. She is just wonderful. She gets along great with my little Male Mini Pin and our female Basenji. She isn't house broken, had never been on a leash before today and has fleas. I took her to Feeder Supply and got her new supplies and gave her a bath and a flea dip. She does not know her name and her CKC REG papers have not been filled out with a name. So I am at a complete loss as to what to call her. She is afraid of our male cat Bubby. They were feeding her Purina Dog Chow and I will be switching her to something new soon. She is very skinny and needs some "fatting up". I have always wanted a boxer and now I have one. :) Will post more photos soon.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
Very pretty. In that photo, she looks Boxer/Am. bulldog.

I've had good "fattening up" luck with the Earthborn primitive natural since it is high protein but not as high as Orijien and seems to settle well on their stomachs even switching cold turkey. At $49/28 lbs, its not cheap cheap but with a feeders repeaters card and brand coupons, I average about $42/bag. I also gave Hershey, who came to me thin and with a horrible coat, a daily treat of a fresh raw chicken liver. Cheap since they sell as "frying livers" in the supermarket.

And i just realized that if you can shop at Feeders, then you are really close to me. Small world that's all :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very pretty. In that photo, she looks Boxer/Am. bulldog.

I've had good "fattening up" luck with the Earthborn primitive natural since it is high protein but not as high as Orijien and seems to settle well on their stomachs even switching cold turkey. At $49/28 lbs, its not cheap cheap but with a feeders repeaters card and brand coupons, I average about $42/bag. I also gave Hershey, who came to me thin and with a horrible coat, a daily treat of a fresh raw chicken liver. Cheap since they sell as "frying livers" in the supermarket.

And i just realized that if you can shop at Feeders, then you are really close to me. Small world that's all :)
Thanks for the tip about Earthborn primitive natural.:)
I'll post more photos soon. And I live about 30 minutes from Louisville, KY and grew up around Lexington, ky.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

You can see how skinny she is here.

See the size difference? lol A 1 year 7 month old Min Pin and a 8 month old boxer.

·
Registered
689 Posts
She is adorable! Congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Congratulations! :D She is very very pretty! I know you will do right by her!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Aw, she is really adorable. Good luck with 'fattening up', I'm sure you'll do great! She looks happy already :) Have you given any more thought to her name? She looks so playful. Congrats on the new addition to your family!

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
It could just be the pictures since dark colored dogs are hard to photograph, but she really doesn't look all that thin. A young lanky growing Boxer should be thin-ish and have a tuck. Her coat looks nice and shiny and usually when they're not well nourished you can see it so much in the coat.

·
Registered
689 Posts
but she really doesn't look all that thin. A young lanky growing Boxer should be thin-ish and have a tuck.
I was thinking the same thing...

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It could just be the pictures since dark colored dogs are hard to photograph, but she really doesn't look all that thin. A young lanky growing Boxer should be thin-ish and have a tuck. Her coat looks nice and shiny and usually when they're not well nourished you can see it so much in the coat.
I was thinking the same thing...
Yes I agree with both of you that a young boxer should be lanky. I can see just about every rib and her spine, as well as her hip bones. She doesn't need a lot of "Fattening up" just a little.

I was reading through her reg. papers tonight and I seen that her birthday is January 27th, 2012 making her 7 months old not 8 like I was told.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
What a pretty girl! Congratulations!
Thank you!

Aw, she is really adorable. Good luck with 'fattening up', I'm sure you'll do great! She looks happy already :) Have you given any more thought to her name? She looks so playful. Congrats on the new addition to your family!
Thank you! And yes I have decided to name her Piper. :)

She's lovely! Glad she found you. Can't wait to hear what her new name will be.
Thanks! :)

Congratulations! :D She is very very pretty! I know you will do right by her!
Thank you!

Congrats on the new addition! Did I miss a name?
Thank you. And nope she didn't come with a name and I was still not sure what to call her.
Pretty girl!! Congrats!
Thanks!

She is adorable! Congrats on your new addition!
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts