Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on Petco's website, and since I have store located really close to me - I wanted to go to a Petco. I dont like to support Pet Supermarket because I dont really well, for personal reasons and how they take care of their animals really *_*.

But Petco for me was easy to get to and my mom and I were at an outing, and we needed more dog food. We decided to stop by and I found a good, rather inexpneisve brand of food.

More expensive then Rachel Ray, more expensive then Kibbles & Bits that's for sure, but less expensive then Wellness CORE.

We got Whole Earth Farms Grain Free Chicken & Turkey! They gobbled it down! I've never seen the dogs enjoying their food this much : D, However I will monitor their bathroom habits and see if they have any loose stools.

The reason why I'm praising their food so much is because I have a picky little Chihuahua boy who doesnt really eat that much and plus he has terrible anxeity when he eats, so I guess this new food was just too good to pass up?

Either way, they all ate it with a good, ordely manner and I'm pleased with it. Plus on Dog Food Advisor its got 4.5 stars and no controversial stuffs. What do you all think?

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I've bought it before. . .but I think I got it on clearance at Petco not too long ago. I hope your Petco doesn't discontinue it too :/. It's not particularly new, and is Merrick's cheaper brand. Pretty good, IMO.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well regardless I was pointing out that its new to us ^^; My dogs are really happy on this. And I was surprised that it was Merrick, I've been wanting to put them on that for a while but ya know, its too expensive. DX

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
LOL. Yup, new for your dogs, silly me :p. Hope they continue to like it! I know what a pain a picky dog is :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've bought it before. . .but I think I got it on clearance at Petco not too long ago. I hope your Petco doesn't discontinue it too :/. It's not particularly new, and is Merrick's cheaper brand. Pretty good, IMO.
The grain free line is new. I think you may be referring to their grain inclusive recipes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last night - Dinner:

Wellness CORE
Kibbles N Bits
Whole Earth Farms Chicken & Turkey Grain free

The reason it was such an odd mixture was because they had leftover CORE + K&B mixed together, but we were running low so we decided to buy some WEF.

This morning - Breakfast:

CORE.
K&B
WEF

Tonight for dinner -

CORE
K&B
WEF

And they all gobbled it up until nothing was left! They all are really enjoying it and when all their food is gone we're gonna switch them completely onto Whole Earth Farms! They havent been having any loose stools either, and George whose especially picky and anxious when he eats really just gobbled it up. I'm really happy for them!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is their third night on the CORE, K&B and WEF mix and they're doing good on it. Some reason they didnt really eat all their breakfast like they did the first time but when dinnertime came around they ate it - we try to freshen their food and make sure no spoild food is in the bowl, as that premotes accidents happening in the house we know, but our dogs have gotten a lot better about accidents in the house. Tho dad still thinks they pee & poo under the table sometimes... we check regularly but I havent seen any poo.. we just need to maybe clean our rugs one of these days...

Can dogs eat fresh, cooked baked Potato? If so my mom bought a dozen or so Potatoes and I'll tell her before we add the fatty human stuff - just put some in their bowl. I dont think they'll like it RAW, because I'm not trying to convert them to a raw diet. I know that hamsters and Cockatiels (which I'm getting a Cockatiel next week BTW! So excited!) can eat cooked Potato, so I'm going to give some of my food to them whenever we have our big-meal night.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
You wouldn't give raw potato to a dog on a raw diet. . .raw usually refers to the meat. Raw potaoes aren't really edible. Plus, veggies and other plant matter are better digested by dogs if they're cooked.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm gonna give them a bit of the cooked potato bit to both my hamsters and my dogs :3 Its a great way to save money, if you have other pets that can eat the same thing as your dogs too~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts