Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Great Dane - Siberian Husky cross named Echo and I'm really curious as to how big she'll be.
When we got her (she was 8wks) she was 10 lbs, we went to the vet last week and she was about 32 lbs.

This is 39 days difference.
If anyone has/had a Dane-Husky mix or knows a lot about the two breeds and could guess how much she's gonna weigh I'd appreciate any insight.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Even if someone has the same mix, your pup won't necessarily end up the same size.
There is such a huge difference between the two breeds, there is a huge range that the pup could fall within.
Safest bet is to say likely bigger than a husky, smaller than a dane!

She is very cute though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that but the website wanted me to make a post so I figured I'd ask LOL. I think she'll be up close to 100 lbs in weight, but thats just my guess, the vet said its too hard to tell, my mum thinks she's gonna be around 70 lbs or so and my dad thinks (hopes) she's gonna be about husky size (Which I highly doubt). So it'll be interesting to watch her grow and find out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure, I got to meet her dad. Yesterday I noticed she's starting to get some more husky-like markings on her face too. Some of her siblings looked way more husky than her, and some just looked like Danes. But her dad was a purebred husky and her mom was a purebred black dane(which is interesting because lots of the pups were fawn).

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
your pup is very cute. I would say at least the 80 to 100 pound mark. Somewhere I think there is a saying that at 4 months if you double their weight is about the weight they will be as an adult.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I would doubt husky size since she is already almost the size of an adult female husky (they should be about 35-50lbs). My husky x GSD is only 36lbs. If you know her mother's weight and her father's weight it might be easier to tell. I would think some where in between the two but she may take more after her mom or more after her dad. I have seen websites where you can put in the puppies weight, age and breed to get an idea of how big they will be as an adult.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think she'll be somewhere around there too. She's 4 months now and probably close to 35-40 pounds now so if thats true she'll be around 80 pounds or a little bit less.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Her mum is 110-120 pounds and I didn't get the exact weight of her father but from seeing him i'd guess around 70-80 pounds. Her mum is pretty small for a dane and her dad is pretty big for a siberian, but that makes sense because how else would you get this ridiculous mix?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts