Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a triactive tracker on my dog. She's a mutt. She had started chewing herself and scratching frequently. She didn't have flees or dry skin. She was put on allergy meds, then calming treats. Nothing worked. I realized after hours of thinking,why now, that this started after she started wearing her gps tracker. I looked up what the tracker uses to track. EMF and Microwave signals. Both have side effects. She maybe overly sensitive to them. Once the collar was removed, about 12 hours later, chewing and scratching has stoped. I stoped the allergy meds and calming treats. Still no more chewing and scratching. She had made bald spots on her body from this behavior. I share this for any having similar situations. Applying liquid non flavored melatonin to the effected area daily has regrown the hair in her bald spots. She's back to normal.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Dogs are not allergic to cell phone signals.

Are you sure the physical collar itself wasn't just itchy or uncomfortable, causing her to scratch excessively?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dogs are not allergic to cell phone signals.

Are you sure the physical collar itself wasn't just itchy or uncomfortable, causing her to scratch excessively?
It was on her original collar that she's worn for over a year with no issues. She was stretching all parts of herself and chewing different places. No flees no dry skin no hot spots no worms. Tracker gone and behavior gone! Apparently some dogs are more sensitive the emf and micro waves, even as low as they are. Yes they do permeate a bit from the tracker. Have a detector and test it. High emf in a house effects children more often then adults. Some breeds of dogs may be more sensitive then others. Do you think they throughly test each breed of dog before marketing there tracker? LoL Our friend with a chow/pug has never had an issue. Mine was one in a hundred. I' m not saying stop using them. Only be aware that it could have an effect. I still put it on mine to go out and take it off when she comes in. It doesn't stay on the collar all the time like it's designed to be.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, but thanks for the heads up about it. It may help someone else that reads it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts