Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, these are old photo's from last February, of this year, but I wanted to share them anyway. These were taken right before I lost Moomoo. None of the dogs were clean for these pictures, I kinda just took the photos on a whim, lol.

My 2 favorites:

***Names may be easier on this pic.
Back row, L-R: Toehuntai, Baby, Tj, Camillia, Emerald, Saphira, & Shep
Two in front, L-R: Moomoo & Tidbit

~ And then my blooper keepers:

This was one of the first shots. I quickly figured out that I needed to seperate the 2 puppies, Shep & Tidbit, LOL!

(Shep's claws are shorter now. I don't normally let them get like that.)

This is a favorite, I think because it has Moomoo upfront and center. Another thing I like about this photo is that I KNOW all 9 dogs were in this frame but later had to take a double look, lol.

Can you find ALL 9 dogs in this photo?

And this is when they started to get bored with the "game" of picture-time.

Seriously bored now Mom. Are we done yet?

Then Saphira rolled over, squishing Tidbit. I also LOVE Toehuntai's and Tj's head placement over Camillia's back!

I think I shared this before but here it is again. This was my original group shot prior to adding Shep and Tidbit. Baby was brand new. She just HAD to look down right when I took the picture, lol. This photo was back from 05/11/2011.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Great pictures!! I cant even get my 2 to sit together long enough!! What is your secret,lol. I might be adding a third this summer and will want a group shot.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! :D

Great pictures!! I cant even get my 2 to sit together long enough!! What is your secret,lol. I might be adding a third this summer and will want a group shot.
My secret is, "Sit. Stay. Look at cookie.", LOL. Getting them to sit together is pretty much that. I just sit them down and then say stay. If they get up I just take their collar and lead them back into place and again ask for sit/stay. Keep repeating that and they'll eventually stay.

Getting them to all look at the same focal point at the same time was the hardest task. But for that I used "Who wants a cookie?!" while holding up a cookie. If/once "cookie" wears off, then I went to just making noise - either shaking the cookie container or vocal sounds. Usually I use vocal sounds, like squealing or other odd noises.

As for the treat, as a whole, plenty of those were handed out during that session. My group is used to sitting together waiting for a cookie anyway. Normal routine is for them to be gathered all around me while waiting to hear their name. When I hand out treats, they only get to take the treat once their name is called.

Other than that, just take LOTS of pictures so you have plenty to choose from. Also might help if your dogs are not rambunctious at the time you're trying to take the picture. Mine had VERY much energy during those pictures, they actually had LOTS of energy, LOL. That ends up making it more ... interesting, haha.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I love all of the photos! :)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
What beautiful dogs you have.

I, too, am jealous of your ability to get 9 dogs to look up at once. Most of the time, I can't get one dog to look at me long enough to take a picture.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I honestly looked and looked .... unless Saphira is directly behind the front and center dog? :) I really like the name Saphira BTW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts