Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my yorkie poo was on an 8 week vacation to my parents how while my family was away for the summer. She did not have one accident in the house. The day she came home already she spot peed on the carpet in our playroom. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that there must be pee in the carpet and she is drawn there to mark her spot or thinks she needs to go there. Then the second conclusion I draw is that there must be several other areas in the house that have pee dried up. I know there are products like Scoe 10x or Natures Miricle but how can I be sure that all of the pee in the entire house carpets are gone? Will professional cleaning do the trick? any other tips on this?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
After your carpet is cleaned if you should have any other accidents, I found the greatest stuff for removal of pet stains, coffee, grease, and more. It is called Blue Magic, carpet stain and spot removal......guaranteed or your money back. It was only around $5.00 for a 1 lb/6 0z can. It was in the home/auto section at a Walmart store. I am still housebreaking my rescue....and it works wonders. Housebreaking is almost done! Yeeaaaa! Lol! :)

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Never heard of Blue Magic, but it might be worth a try. I would just check and make sure it's an enzymatic cleaner; lots of household cleaners work on the visual stain and the odor that humans can smell, but, there is still enough of the smell for a dog's stronger nose to smell....
I agree with Herders, rent a cleaner, or hire someone. Nature's Miracle makes a product that you can put in the carpet cleaners....

But, it could be excitement....and it could be because changes in routine can cause setbacks in potty training.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nature's Miracle makes a product just for use in carpet cleaners. So you could start there.

But I agree with the above--this could just be an accident because of the change in schedule/circumstance, or due to excitement. Eight weeks is a long time for a dog so it's natural for the dog to be a tad discombobulated when returning to the home and you after time spent away.

Cleaning the carpet couldn't hurt, though.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
For things like this (assuming it's not all over the carpet), I just use vinegar, baking soda, and water.

My cheap *** nature came out when I saw the prices of some of this stuff. I looked online for how to do clean up without needing all that - and found the above solution.

Baking soda takes the odor while the vinegar (white vinegar) kills the enyzmes and stuff. Let soak so that it can get into the fibers some (like the pee did). Water washes it all out. Pat dry to take up excess, let the rest air dry.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I use nature's miracle. It cleaned up two urine spots and three vomit spots very well. You can't see the spots at all (which is required of a cleaner for me since I am in an apt.) and the dogs do not remark the spots (so it got it all out). I use the bottle you just pour on the floor (not the specific carpet machine one). Works wonders.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I use nature's miracle. It cleaned up two urine spots and three vomit spots very well. You can't see the spots at all (which is required of a cleaner for me since I am in an apt.) and the dogs do not remark the spots (so it got it all out). I use the bottle you just pour on the floor (not the specific carpet machine one). Works wonders.
Nature's Miracle comes in a spray bottle too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts