Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On feb , 11 , 2003 , Winnie was born , she was a valentine pup , we got her from my husband's aunt , who breeds miniature schnauzer .

From the get go .. winnie was a spunky little girl , there were 2 girls left back then , and she was the only one that came to us , she chose us , she kept circling out feet and wanted to play . So we took her home . She was very rambunctious , i remember she chewed my husband's sneakers and also dressy shoes , and also chewed on a brand new area rug that i just bought the night before .. and chewed our plants in the kitchen that i thought somoene broke into the house because of the dirts all over the house .

She was quite a handful , but after those months of training , she has proven herself that she can behave and ever since then she's been a good girl .. she became my best friend , the one that would comfort me when i am sad , she would paw me as if trying to tell me " it's okay mom .. " she would be there waiting for me doing my daily activities .. when i am busy in the kitchen .. she would tell me if i didn't give her anything , she loved carrot . And she would be my pasta tester too .. she would sleep with me and be my bed partner on the nights where my husband had to work at midnight shift , she made me feel that i wasn't alone .. that i was with her . She was really good with my son , they basically grew up together , and she would let him do whatever he wanted to do to her .

She was always a good girl , always a healthy girl , we moved out of state couple times and she would follow us along , travelled with car with plane .. and she was just doing fine .

On the christmas day , she suddenly got very lethargic , didn't even want to play hide and seek , her favourite game .. didn't want to eat .. and we took her to ER that night , but she wasn't responding to the IV they gave her , they couldn't even register her blood pressure .. That morning when we came back to see her , they still said she was very weak and very sick girl , we wanted to see her , the vet said it could be liver , kidney , gastic or heart problem , anything is possible , but the vet said she cannot guarantee that she will be cured if we found out what happened .. and she also said she cannot guarantee that my girl wouldn't go through this again ..

We saw her .. and she wasn't there .. her eyes were blank , she wasn't responding to any of us , when we called her , she didn't respond , when we said cookie .. bunny .. ( words that would get her ears perked up ) she didn't even respond .. we touched her ears usually it would twitched .. but it didn't . She couldn't support her head , i let her rest her head on my forearm ..

The night before , i think it was her last effort to tell us that she's going .. she was so weak the whole day but that night she decided to get up from her bed and wanted to sit between me and my husband , we picked her up and let her lay , that's when we decided to take her to ER .

My girl was almost 9 when we had to put her to sleep . I miss her so much , before she left i told her she needs to make her way back to me somehow ..

Good bye my little furry friend , my beautiful little girl , thank you for teaching me about love and affection and patience ! I will always love you , and you'll always have a special place in my heart .. i miss you so much !

Attachments

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss. That is a beautiful memorial tribute ... I can hardly type any more for the tears.

Run free Miss Winnie .........

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
thank you everyone , is it strange that even after a week and talk about her , it still makes me cry ?
Absolutely not ... it is good to cry ... it is all about the grieving process. Eventually those memories will bring a smile to your face. It takes time. Sometimes a very long time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely not ... it is good to cry ... it is all about the grieving process. Eventually those memories will bring a smile to your face. It takes time. Sometimes a very long time.
we talk about her everyday and when we do , sometimes we laugh because we remember things she did that was funny , such as being chased by a bunny .. no she's not chasing the bunny , but the bunny chased her .. But then again when i remember how she looked like the last time .. it brought me to tears again . I need to remember the good times we had , the fun memories we made together .

My husband thought about adopting that a dog from the shelter , he thinks it's a good idea , i feel like i cheated on Miss Winnie .. , he kept saying i shouldn't feel that way because we're saving one life by adopting a dog from a shelter .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts