Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here, doing my very best not to cry before my husband goes to work. My mom, who is back in Wisconsin, told me today that my old Siamese, Kaia, will cross the bridge in about an hour.

She was rescued from the local kill shelter when she was very young, nearly died on me after I adopted her, and turned out to be a most amazing friend once she was well.

Her guesstimated age is 17-18 years, so she is not young by any means. She has been declining for the last year, but made it through Christmas and the new year. Mom was telling me that she has randomly just fallen over, several times, just standing around. She's been vomiting, and has lost weight. I think her kidneys are failing.

I gave her the go ahead to free her from her suffering, but I think it's even harder for mom than me.

I left Kaia behind in Wisconsin when I moved in 2010, because she was so old, and she's always been a small cat (her max weight was 6 pounds in her prime), and I didn't want to stress her out. I do not regret leaving her with my mom, as I know that cat has sat on her sore knees for quite a long time, and my mom really loves her.

Strauss and Kaia were the best of friends. They'd lay on my bed together, and Kaia would groom Strauss for the longest time, and she wouldn't let him up until she was finished. A six pound cat controlled a 90 lb dog with no trouble at all.

There will never be another like her. She's why I love Meezers so much. Sweet, affectionate, vocal, and beautiful.

Rest easy Little One. Run with Zander, and Twink, Mittens, and Lucky. I'm going to miss you so terribly.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
So sorry to hear about Kaia ... run free little one! Thoughts and prayers to Kaia and everyone else too.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A picture one of my siblings took maybe 6 years ago.

Yes indeed....she's asleep on my face

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, guys. It hurts less than it did. It will be hard the next time I go to visit, and she's not waiting for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am sorry for your lose sounds like a good friend has left you. I know when Grizzly passed away my German Shepperd I couldn't stand to think about all the good times we had together. Its hard losing someone close to you and pets are no different. I took the advise of a friend and got a urn for my dog and now he sits on our mantle. Still apart of my life and I find myself remembering the good times from time to time. I found a great deal on the urn here www.acepetmemorials.com if your interested in something like that anyways thought it might help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts