Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's at Bethany's (TXCollies), who is babysitting for me this week and took off after a critter in their back pasture/woodlot area. We didn't think anything of it at the time because it's fenced, but she didn't come back. Bethany, her brother, and k9waggingtails all helped search while we were there (I have a cut on my foot and am not mobile at ALL right now) but no luck. We're headed back out tomorrow to put flyers in all the mailboxes on the road and look somemore - hopefully she'll be on the porch in the morning, though.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Fingers crossed that the NitRit comes home (accursed critters!).

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Oh, no. I'm so sorry, Cait. Sending wishes over to you; I really hope you find her. Come home, Rittie!

Is she chipped?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, unfortunately, she's not. My other three are, but Rittie is SUCH a homebody that I just didn't think much of it, figuring we'd wait and get into the low cost clinic that they hold last Sunday of the month at a local pet supply store - I just hadn't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Oh no, Cait! How terrible! I'll keep my fingers crossed she comes home soon.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
OMG I hope you find her!

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this! I do hope she finds her way back...

Are you using whistles? The whistle then name call can carry farther into the woods...

I'm assuming you are rural...have you an truck stops nearby? Postering at the truck stops may help as the truckers travel the roads a lot. Local hunt clubs? Make sure you have a cell phone number on your posters to reach you or your friend.

Sending good energy and thoughts your way.
Hope to hear good news soon.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
So sorry sweetie. I saw your tweet, I didn't realize it was Rittie until I went back and saw the phone number. I RT for my friends.

Come home Rittie!

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Cait- nothing yet? I cant get FB at work but Im about to check twitter.

How was she not waiting on the porch? Ugh Rittie come back youre worrying us!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
You have my prayers that your pooch makes a safe return home! That critter had a nasty trick up it's sleeve, I know it!

Goodluck. :(

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It must be hard not knowing where she is and when she''s turn up:(
Good luck with finding her!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Nothing yet. Zilch, nadda.

Having known Rittie since she was born, I can say I'm almost as upset as Cait is. :(

Doing everything we can, now we'll just have to see. Good thing, we are very, very rural with lots of land surrounding us. So less of a chance of her running out into traffic.

We'll see....

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.