Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I have been told by my breeder that it is official - out of Marlie and Stella, only Stella is with puppies, and since I currently have the 8th position in waiting for a puppy, I doubt I'm going to get one from this litter. It's kind of disappointing, because I REALLY wanted to have a dog in the spring time because I know its a lot easier to train your dog and stuff in the spring (or at least that is what I have been told).

Good news though! One of her other dams (Angie) went in to heat and should be coupled soon, so she would have her dogs by about mid-May and I should be able to bring home my pup in mid-July! I'm trying to find the silver lining in this, which is that I will probably be in the top 3 for picking my puppy, so hopefully that will give me a better choice in personality and temperament. So yeah, that's why I only have my little Samus as my signature now.

And on an "AWWWWWWW" note - my roommie saw how down I was so she said "well, y'know Mikayla (her 4 year old daughter) has wanted a kitty for a really long time so how about you and Mikayla go pick out a kitty in April" so I'll be able to have a fuzzy thing to keep me company/busy until I can get my own dog, AND I'll have a dog that grows up with a cat so when I bring my dog to my S.O.'s (who is keeping the cats until we move in together), at least my dog will know how to interact with cats.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Waiting is sooooo hard. We waited about a year for Annabel and it will be 10 months of waiting by the time we get Bigby this summer. I hope. We're still waiting to hear if the breeding took. It makes time go by so SLOWLY!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Waiting is sooooo hard. We waited about a year for Annabel and it will be 10 months of waiting by the time we get Bigby this summer. I hope. We're still waiting to hear if the breeding took. It makes time go by so SLOWLY!
Holy! I hope I don't have to wait THAT long for my pup! And Bigby is an adorable name, is he going to be another Newfie? Annabel Lee is so cute!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Holy! I hope I don't have to wait THAT long for my pup! And Bigby is an adorable name, is he going to be another Newfie? Annabel Lee is so cute!
Bigby (named after a graphic novel character Bigby (Big "B") Wolf who is the Big Bad Wolf) is going to be a Eurasier. So not quite as big as a Newf! We don't have enough room for a giant male Newf and I definitely want a male.

As for the 6 year old thing? Yeah. I have a wicked 6 year old streak! Buuuut my husband is way worse ;)

·
Banned
361 Posts
I totally feel for you! I wanted a GSD all my life and when I finally got put on a waiting list (i was at the top of the list) for a puppy from a breeder that I trusted and I wanted from; the dam ended up having a litter of all females!!!! What a drag that was! Just stay patient and things will go your way :) trust me, I couldn't w a i t to get my puppy, but looking back waiting isn't the worst thing in the world.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Effisia - I remember now - they are GORGEOUS dogs! And that name is just PERFECT for that breed too!

Tyler_X - Wow! As if! That would really suck (if you were waiting for a specific gender) and you didn't end up getting what you wanted. I don't care if I get a male or a female (although right now I'm leaning more towards a male dog, which is odd because I've only ever grown up with female dogs) but I know I want a merle as opposed to a tri, so I do believe you are spot on by saying its going to be worth the wait when I finally get him (or her!)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know how you feel. It will be at least 10 months before I can get my puppy. If I don't get a pick from that litter it will be another 18 months before the breeder has a pair I want a pup from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts