Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Goldendoodle is outgrowing his narrow puppy collar, and I am looking for a narrow or rolled nylon (quick-drying) collar to help with the matting he gets around his neck. I leave his collar on all the time since he isn't microchipped yet. Any suggestions? I tried Ruff Wear, but the quality feels kind of poor. I am avoiding leather, since they don't dry quickly. Any other full size narrow collars out there in nylon? His neck is 15" but he's only 5 months old.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I know you said you don't want to go with the leather, but it really is the best choice. Nylon collars, whether rolled or not, will still cause matting, still break coat. Leather is easiest on the skin and coat. I don't know of any rolled nylon collars I could recommend for you, but surely someone else will.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
My Goldendoodle is outgrowing his narrow puppy collar, and I am looking for a narrow or rolled nylon (quick-drying) collar to help with the matting he gets around his neck. I leave his collar on all the time since he isn't microchipped yet. Any suggestions? I tried Ruff Wear, but the quality feels kind of poor. I am avoiding leather, since they don't dry quickly. Any other full size narrow collars out there in nylon? His neck is 15" but he's only 5 months old.
We use the Ruffwear rolled nylon collar on Toby. Even though it feels kind of flimsy I've found it to be very durable. The quick clip works better with his fur than the buckle on the leather collars, which seem to pull in the fur. We also found that the leather collar stained his ruff when it got wet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts