Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow I start helping out again with classes (took a break) and get to take Lloyd into one of them that only has a few people in it. The last few months I have not practiced with Lloyd at all, well maybe once or twice, but not much at all. We moved, I started a new job and we got married . . . been busy, and I've just been doing more fun things with him like teaching him to close doors and stuff. Anyway, I decided to do a little obedience with him a couple of days ago . . . he was sitting crooked, heeling wide, forging ahead . . . I'm gonna be in lots of trouble tomorrow when Bob sees him!

Oh and the worst . . . he didn't even sit when i stopped . . . I'm gonna get so chewed out tomorrow. Its ok though I need a kick in the arse to get going again.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Can you say it's a different dog?? "Oh, no, that's not Lloyd. This is Lester, our new rescue. He's a little untrained but soon he'll be as good as Lloyd!"

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, maybe I will try it, should at least get a laugh anyway! Maybe once we are back in a training room Lloyd will remember. Even if he doesn't he will pick it up quickly again. I just know I'm gonna get a lot of flack because a few months ago Bob wanted to send me and Lloyd off to UKC competitions (they allow mixed breed dogs I guess) and now he isn't even sitting when I stop.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Yikes. That is embarrassing. Too bad you can't pull an all-nighter and pump both of you up with caffeine and chocolate - got me through college, although I did fall asleep in the middle of an econ final. Woke up with 25 minutes and at least 50 of 100 questions still to go. :eek: Guess there are no shortcuts in pooch training though. time + repetition + consistency -- nope, can't fake that!

·
Registered
673 Posts
why not take a break, I don't know about you but I'm tired. I should be doing more practice with the heeling and we are struggling. I heel her on my right since that's the dominant side for me so why the he~~do I have to bother with the left?? I don't care where I am she will always be on my right:rolleyes: By the way, I've been to busy teaching her how to wave bye bye:D

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it actually went pretty well! I only got a little verbal whipping as Lloyd actually did pretty good for me:) Or maybe I did better for him because I was in front of other people. Either way we did good:) He sat crooked on the right finish, which is something we have always been struggling with and I had to remind him to sit a couple times when we stopped in heeling. Other than that he did really well.

I actually worked him 2 classes, the advanced one and the advanced two. Not everyone showed up for the advanced one class so Bob said I could get Lloyd, so I did. Then in the advanced two there are only a few people in it and they have been through it before so they didn't really need an assistant in that class. Even though Lloyd and I have not done any of the new stuff in advanced two we both picked up really quick. Lloyd was doing send aways (which we had barely done before), recall over jumps, directed jumping, going over the dog walk, A frame, through the tunnel, the tire jump, pause box, broad jump and we did several in a row with me directing him. It was awesome, I may have to do some agility with Lloyd! He caught on really quick to follow my body language on where to go and he had a ball doing it. I think he was getting frustrated with me because I wasn't moving fast enough!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts