Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! I just wanted to post to ask if it is normal/okay that my goldendoodle puppy has droopy eyes that resemble the eyes of a hound. I didn’t think this was a trait found in poodles or golden retrievers but he has them. Is this an issue/defect or cause for concern? Or is it just a unique feature of my pup? I also noticed his legs are kinda short and he resembles a corgi. It’s very strange as I was told he is half poodle, half golden retriever. View attachment 263499 View attachment 263500 View attachment 263501
Hi there, we recently got a goldendoodle who was being rehomed and he is almost 8 months old and I’ve been noticing his eyes look droopy to me / I can see the third eyelids. So I’m trying to figure out the same thing you were. Any updates? I’ll try to post a picture

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi! He is very cute. We haven’t really figured out anything either, but his eyes actually look quite similar to my boys. I did some research and found many photos of golden retrievers with similarly droopy eyes, so I just figured this trait came from his golden side. His shorter legs also resemble a golden retriever as well. He has yet to have any issues with his eyes so I don’t think there is any cause for concern. I would love to see more photos of your boy as I think he looks a lot like an older version of mine!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! He is very cute. We haven’t really figured out anything either, but his eyes actually look quite similar to my boys. I did some research and found many photos of golden retrievers with similarly droopy eyes, so I just figured this trait came from his golden side. His shorter legs also resemble a golden retriever as well. He has yet to have any issues with his eyes so I don’t think there is any cause for concern. I would love to see more photos of your boy as I think he looks a lot like an older version of mine! View attachment 263800 View attachment 263801
Thanks for your reply, I also hope it’s just a trait, his eyes don’t bother him or have any discharge so I will just wait to ask until we go to the vet for something. Here are some more pictures, he was born May 20th 2020, his owner is moving and so re-homed him. She has been vague about where she got him, she said a breeder in Nevada (we are in CA), I’ve asked for more info but never got it which of course makes me a little suspicious. I ended up purchasing an Embark DNA and genetics test, maybe that will give me some piece of mind. We had a Labradoodle for 16 years who looked almost exactly the same as our new goldendoodle. We also got him from a re-homing situation, similar to what you said in reply to someone else, not necessarily the plan but we keep ending up with doodles 😁

21 - 26 of 26 Posts