Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I rescued a dachshund from the pound yesterday. He is 8 months old and we are having potty issues. I know it has only been one night but I want to nip this in the bum as quickly as I can. We took him outside numerous times yesterday but he wouldn't go to the potty. When we put him in his crate for bed he peed as soon as we put him in. The people at the pound said he is used to being in a crate even before he came there. So I cleaned him and the cage up and as soon as we put him back in he pooped in the cage. Then to top it all off, my husband let him out this am before work and he wouldn't go so he brought him back into his cage and as soon as he turned around the dog peed in his cage again. Help!!! I have no clue what to do. I have tried all of the obvious tricks as in taking him out after he eats and drinks and I am talking we walk him around for like a half hour outside. We also have another one she is awsome so i was hoping he would want to go where she does but he is not interested at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts