Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oldest dog Lucky is going blind in his right eye so I guess it could be a contributing factor to my problem.

I have always had multiple dogs and so I am used to the every now and then fights that break out and know how to quickly contain the situation.

But lately it is everyday all the time. If one of the dogs looks at lucky the wrong way he attacks. If they get too close to him he attacks.

And this is a new one I was feeding them a weeks ago and Happy got done so was walking by to come into the livingroom and bam Lucky was on him quick. I don't worry about Lucky puncturing anything because he has no teeth but he slings them and I am terrified that he is going to break on of their necks. Or they are going to hurt him since they have teeth.

So now Lucky is behind a baby gate 90% of the time in one part of the house and the rest of the dogs in the other. When they start playing you can just see that he wants to play but when I let him out to play they will play for about 10 minutes before he starts another fight.

I took him to the vet to make sure nothing else is wrong with him and the vet said other than his one eye he is perfectly healthy.

I am at my wits end I don't want my old man dog to spend his last few years behind a gate. But I don't want him attacking all my other dogs. I alternate them when he is out they get put up and when they are out he is put up. It's horrible :(

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Are you taking them all for walks together a couple times a day? If not, you might start. It helps them bond as a "pack", and gets out excess energy, and stimulates them mentally.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They always walk together. Even though he fights them in the house when we go on walks/hikes or anything like that he is fine. He has lived with all of these dogs almost their entire lives except Happy he is newish. Never had any major issues like this.

He was always the big baby when I fight broke out he would be the first to run off but now he is the one starting them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts