Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding my 3 dogs a premade raw diet for the past 3 years and now I am unfortunately going to have to go back to kibble. I intend to still supplement the kibble with chicken & turkey necks. I am unsure of the proper way to change back. I know you shouldn't mix raw and kibble so any suggestions would be appreciated. I truely regret having to go back to kibble but raw is extremely expensive. I use a premade version because I don't feel confident enought to make my own. Also I am a full time student and just don't have the time to do all the research to ensure they have a balanced diet. I was thinking of feeding Taste of the Wild. I tried Timberwolf, Karma & Wellness before going to raw but my lab always had extremely bad ears & loose stool on all of them. I am truly stressed over having to make this change but my husband is giving me a really hard time about how much is spent on the dogs. Any sugg. would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well, I don't have any advice on switching back to kibble. But I there is a website that gives a list of local raw co-ops and groups. If you sign up to the one nearest too you, you might find a raw food suppilier in your area. This will be much cheaper than a premade raw food brand.

Here is the site:
http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html#co-ops

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Great link above. Pre-made raw is very expensive, plus you lose out on one of the many benefits of feeding a homemade diet - knowing what goes in the bowl. ;)
With a some research on your part, you can most certainly provide a good homemade diet for your dogs. It's really not that hard.
Check out yahoo's raw feeding group as well as their carnivore feed supplier group. They are great resources.

But if you feel that feeding kibble again is the best option for you at this time - just pick a kibble and make the switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts