Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New girls, they will be ready to pick up middle of next month. I'll purchase a buck when they are older and closer to breeding age.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am very happy.. corresponding this morning about an older doe and possible matching an buck with her which of course will have to consider purchasing a wether to pair with the male as a companion since I will be keeping the males separated from the females except to breed.. every doe has a strong history in 3's and 4's for off springs.. Geesh that sounds so lethal for over multiplying quickly... lol just to have some home raised milk and cheese...

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok it's done lol will be picking up a full herd next month. :)

older female Izzie 4 years old

main buck (baby)

wether companion for the buck (baby)

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I hadn't heard the term "wether" before -- it's a castrated male goat kept as a companion for your breeding male? That's pretty cool.

And these goats are adorable.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I hadn't heard the term "wether" before -- it's a castrated male goat kept as a companion for your breeding male? That's pretty cool.

And these goats are adorable.
Was wondering what "wether" meant :D that's pretty neat....it's like a goat "bro" :)

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it's a castrated male.. not keeping them together since they multiply like rabbits. It's best to have castrated male friend to pair them up with for life..

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I've had it pretty easy with the no breeding with the dogs and the can't breed for never having the opposite sex to the other animals.. This will be my first true test for management ability lol ... :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
How adorable! Good luck with your newest additions.

I raised and showed Nubians when I was younger. Loved them, they were such clowns.

You're braver than me taking on a buck, the musky smell turns my stomach after a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts