Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I feed Chubby Earthborn Grain Free & he likes it & it agrees with him. I wanted to change off every once in awhile & was wondering if anyone does change dog foods by name or only by flavor? I do switch him between Earthborn flavors but was thinking of also switching brands on and off?

I was looking at Go! Fit & Free Grain Free Dry Food - has anyone ever fed this? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
They're both good foods. When I was feeding kibble I would rotate through all the formulas of a given brand (usually only the grain-free lines) then switch to something else as money permitted. For me it was just easier to remember what she'd had last, but otherwise I don't see why you couldn't skip around from brand to brand and protein to protein.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I usually stick with Taste of the Wild for my other two, because they aren't actually mine and $40 for a 30 pound bag is about the limit Mom is willing to pay for them. I rotate formulas every bag. I will, if I can find another high-quality food for the same price, feed that every now and then. Like recently: I found a bag of Before Grain kibble for the same price as Taste of the Wild so they are eating that right now. In my area it usually goes for about $56 per big bag. (Unfortunately, Before Grain is being discontinued and replaced, so that was a one-time deal.)

With the Shiba, if he'll eat it and it does not contain any of the food items he has sensitivities to, I switch between brands and formulas every bag. The other two don't have food intolerances like the Shiba does, so anything (quality) goes for them.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
its good to change proteins and makers of food, you never know when something may be unavailable to you at some point, always nice to have a backup (or two or three!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts