Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Does anyone know of any Glen of Imaal breeders in Illinois (or anywhere in the Midwest)? I've poked around the internet and have only found a few, but non in Illinois. I knew they were rare, but didn't think they were THAT rare. I've started calling vets in my area (NW suburbs of Chicago) to see if they can point me in the right direction, but no luck so far.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Bob

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
Hello.

Does anyone know of any Glen of Imaal breeders in Illinois (or anywhere in the Midwest)? I've poked around the internet and have only found a few, but non in Illinois. I knew they were rare, but didn't think they were THAT rare. I've started calling vets in my area (NW suburbs of Chicago) to see if they can point me in the right direction, but no luck so far.

I'd be grateful if anyone can help.

Thanks.

Bob
They are pretty dang rare. You are probably going to have to extend your search.

Below is the contact person for the National Breed Club.

Noreen O’More
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Yeah Glen of Imaals were 158 out of 173 on the AKC Dog Registration Stats for last year, pretty far down there. Their numbers have actually being going down since 2006 at least (recognized in 2004 but what I am looking at is not a year by year stat).

So you will have to do more digging and possibly look outside Illinois.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts