Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Gizmo was attacked.

889 Views 17 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  ThoseWordsAtBest
We just got home from the e-vet.. My little Gizmo was attacked by our neighbor's pitbull in our front yard. He has four stitches, and one of those super cute e-collars..:rolleyes: The owner was really compliant and paid for everything, sat at the e-vet for hours with us..and so on.. but I don't know if I should have done more. We've photographed the wound..but do I need to file a report with animal control? I didn't because she was so compliant, and I don't want anything done to her dog..
1 - 1 of 18 Posts
I agree with every one suggesting to talk to her. Hopefully she has learned a lesson in why we have leash laws. It may have been come as a shock to her that her dog attacked another dog and maybe you can suggest to her that now is the time to become proactive before it happens again. We've had a few attacks from loose dogs and this is the first time I've heard of the other dogs owner taking responsibility and paying for the vet care.

I hope Gizmo doesn't suffer any long term effects from this. :(
1 - 1 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.