Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were having rescource guarding issues, so we all switched to schedule feeding. My dogs aren't doing so well. My well behaved, well trained dogs are becoming monsters. My therapy dog, one that I've trained since she was 8 weeks old. Is tearing things up ever time you turn your back on her. She has no more privleges, she's in her kennel now because I'm still angry at what she's done and don't want to be mean....I just don't know what to do...it all started when we started schedule feeding...

My parents dogs aren't having ANY issues.....

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
That's odd. . .I don't see any connection between schedule feeding and tearing things up, but dogs are funny sometimes. Has anything else changed--the dogs getting less exercise, you being out of the house more, etc.?

What are you going to do about the resource guarding if you go back to free-feeding?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly...I don't know what I'd do...

And nothing has changed....Jetta is the worst and hasn't been in classes lately....but that's about it...she still gets training..only at home.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Also not seeing the connection between schedule feeding and bad behavior. Are you saying they're misbehaving in anticipation of their meal?

I admit, Kit can get pretty demanding right before meal times and then does the crazy bouncy dance when I give in, but I don't think I'd call her a monster.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also not seeing the connection between schedule feeding and bad behavior. Are you saying they're misbehaving in anticipation of their meal?

I admit, Kit can get pretty demanding right before meal times and then does the crazy bouncy dance when I give in, but I don't think I'd call her a monster.

No not right before their meal...but this is the ONLY thing that has changed. And I mean THE only thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts