Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the results of my duos first show..............

Zariah Sat 1st & 2nd, Sun two 1st

She is such a fatty lol but I think she will get slimmed and nicely defined

Mota Sat 3rd & 1st, Sun 3rd & 2nd

She is so lanky right now

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Nice to see pups that aren't overly conditioned at this age winning shows. I LOVE Mota's pigment. <3 Zariah has the typical Pitty face <3 Congrats on the wins!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

Darkmoon you think so? I did nothing with them conditioning wise and I was like WOW when I saw some of the 6-9 males very conditioned. Maybe they were closer to the 9 month mark IDK. They were bigger than my girls too.
Zariah head is almost a lil doggy I hope she won't mature with a wide head. I'd like her to look like a girl lol.
Thanks for the compliments.

·
Banned
6,240 Posts
Wow they are gorgeous! Do you do weight pull or any other sports with your dogs? Congrats on the wins!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kayota. Yes. These 2 are still young yet, but when Zariah is old enough I plan to do weight pull with her. So sometime next year. I hope she will have the work ethic of her grandma and aunt. Both pull crazy dogs!

If time & $ allows I'd like to do agility with Mota but that's really up in the air right now. Her mom started on some when she was young.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Darkmoon you think so? I did nothing with them conditioning wise and I was like WOW when I saw some of the 6-9 males very conditioned. Maybe they were closer to the 9 month mark IDK. They were bigger than my girls too.
Zariah head is almost a lil doggy I hope she won't mature with a wide head. I'd like her to look like a girl lol.
Thanks for the compliments.
Not sure where you go for the ADBA shows, I've only seen photos from a friend who goes to a lot of them on the east coast and we were just talking about how people condition their dogs way too early already and they are winning in the ring! A friend of mine got on me for how "fat" Peanut was at 9months of age, when she wasn't so fat, just I didn't put any effort into her since it was almost winter anyways so she had no muscle tone. People seem to love to push their dogs at such young ages. Get them in, out, and retire them before they even hit a age where they start to get good. I cringe when I hear of someone out WPing with their year old dog. What's the rush? /end rant

It looks like both are at the extreme ends of each other head wise. Zariah has a bulldog muzzle while Mota has a terrier muzzle. I'm not 100% sure on the ADBA's standard right now (haven't looked into it recently) but I know Zariah's head seems to be preferred around here in the UKC ring while Mota's head wouldn't get her a second look. Not sure what bugs me about Mota's head. LOVE everything else about her, but her head piece just isn't right. Maybe it's just the photo.

Anyways, I'm no expert so I should shut up about it LOL. Keep up the great work Spicy!

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For ADBA shows all over except I've never been to a show on the east coast, or the west coast for that matter.

That's kind of how I felt, I mean they are young so I didn't feel I needed to do anything with them.
For some dogs though it's natural so not much you can do there. I've had several like that. Ryu at the same age looked ripped but I didn't do anything to condition her. She did use the flirtpole more for fun. I started both these girls on the flirtpole when they were little too. They're just not naturally lean and muscular. Zariah is kind of heavy. Mota is leaner but not muscular or anything.
I have seen people run their 5-6 months old steady on a treadmill, like they are adults. I don't think anyone was matching 5-6 month old pups so why are they trying to get their puppies in equivalent of match conditioning for a conformation show?

Yeah totally they are complete opposites! Zariah bulldog head (like you said very typical, she's got a nice typy head), a lil fat, larger boned......Mota terrier head, lean, lighter bone. Mota is a bit too fine boned IMO but I'll see how she matures. What's wrong with her head is she has a collie head, but seriously narrow head and snippy muzzle. They act a lot different as well! It's amazing. They are like NIGHT and DAY. I'm rambling now.......

but thanks for looking and the comments and compliments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts