Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this warrant a call to the vet?

yesterday morning - one normal BM, breakfast, and one incident of diarrhea
yesterday evening - one normal BM; one softer, less formed BM; vomiting; no dinner
today - no breakfast, one incident of vomiting bile, one normal BM, some stomach gurgling

She's maybe a little less active than normal (she follows me from room to room and will chase a ball, but not as intently as usual), but it's fairly hot and humid here, plus I imagine she must be hungry.

She had similar symptoms a few months ago; the vet insisted she had an obstruction but just told us to watch her (we've since switched vets). She was fine after about two days.

Since she vomited bile, should I offer her some rice & chicken?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I would call the vet ... the call is free. :) This is my advice.

I know the terrible heat and humidity give humans "Summer Complaint" ... the runs and such. I am not sure about dogs.
I would also offer the chicken and rice. Her tummy may be very empty from not eating. That could be the bile. But I am in no way a qualified vet!

I know Abbylynn has been growling today ... she is very uncomfortable too. This is not like her.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I'd call the vet. If it were just the diarrhea, I try to treat that at home with pumpkin and then pepto bismol for a couple of days before calling the vet, but vomiting and diarrhea worries me too much. Especially if it's hot out, there's a big risk of dehydration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts