Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well Starla is booked for being spaded tomorrow. Hope all goes well! I will keep all posted! The vet asked about micro chipping her. Any do this!
Well done cindylou .

Glad you took the facts and information on board. by the way it is Spayed,
The other one is the one we dig gardens with.

Stan

·
Registered
734 Posts
Was this an observation too or is this based on actual research?
As far as the leg developement and early neutering in males, I have seen the research but didn't keep it so I can't give you a reference. It was one of the reasons I waited as long as posible to get Brady nuetered until just shortly before Molly was due to go into heat the first time. It timed out well as I had over a month between the 2 events. It was because of the advice of a breeder/handler/groomer that showed me the research about letting them develope fully before nuetering.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Starla had her surgery today! All went went. She seems to be very sore and is having a hard time. But I am sure she will feeling a bit better tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Yes, the always do look miserable when you bring them home, but I think you'll be surprised at how much energy she'll gain tomorrow. Best wishes Starla!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes, the always do look miserable when you bring them home, but I think you'll be surprised at how much energy she'll gain tomorrow. Best wishes Starla!
Thank you! I hope she will be doing better tomorrow. Although she got excited when daddy got home!:p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Starla hates me tonight because I cause her pain so now she is going to daddy! Hope she is not to mad at me tomorrow!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Starla is doing allot better today. At least she is more alert! She slept all night! Which I was surprised. She is in a much better mood but is still pretty sore. I think she thinks she surgery was where she pees from, cause she is always licking there. She is not at her stitches at all, thank God. She is crying allot when she walks, but I am sure things will get better each day! She seems to like me today unless I take her outside to pee, then she gets mad!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
my pup gets spayed in a couple weeks & I always thought that the e-collars (cone) looked just miserable. So I purchased her an inflatable e collar that will keep her from getting to her stitches but still allows her face to be free so she can get water and in/out of her crate. Go to Find a unique dog toy, dog treat, dog lover gift or dog bed. Upbeat, off-beat and totally fun.
My sweet Annie was spayed 4 days ago, and I've also been using the inflatable e-collar, after a failed attempt with a wrappable cone I purchased - she hated it, and it dragged on the ground - but the inflatable is working great!! I think she actually likes it, because.she wags her tail whenever I put it on her! But you will need to make sure your dog cannot reach its incision site with the "doughnut"; apparently some dogs can. But it has been a Godsend for us!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.