Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow so I was on craigslist tonight and came across this post which literally made me sich :( How can people be so cruel. My dogs and cats are the best of friends and this person won't even see if they get along. I hope they get dumped by someone they love in their life

Persian Cat 2 Years Old, FREE (Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn)
Date: 2012-07-12, 12:07AM EDT
Reply to:{deleted} [Errors when replying to ads?]
Giving away my cat because im getting a dog and worry that they wont get along. shes healthy playful and friendly
if interested call or text Denis @{deleted}

I'm almost tempted to text him and tell him how evil he is!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
That's so sad :(

Instead of telling him he's evil, why don't you text/email about the proper way to introduce dogs and cats, and say how well your cat and dog get along?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Poor cat, hopefully she will go to a better home that she is appreciated. We had 2 5year old cats, a 13 year old horse and a 9year old horse before we got Hitch, they all get along very well!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
emailed him some suggestions and told him how my pets are great together, my mom' GSD is great with all of her cats....got a nasty response saying to mind my own business :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
emailed him some suggestions and told him how my pets are great together, my mom' GSD is great with all of her cats....got a nasty response saying to mind my own business :(
Mostly because he's gotten a ot of e-mails telling him what a bad person he is. You did what you could but yes I feel sorry for the cat, getting rehomed because of getting a dog, in a few years the dog will probably be rehomed because he's having a baby...

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
People are stupid.

·
Super Moderator
11,835 Posts
My daughter just got her first cat. There was a period of adjustment for the cat and the two dogs that already live there, but it's all good now.

Zeke, the miniature schnauzer, and Tulip, the cat, spend their days chasing each other around the house and ambushing each other. There is a mutual respect for teeth and claws, and Tulip has multiple avenues for escape if the two dogs happen to gang up on her.

There is harmony, and it is a happy, rambunctious kind of harmony. The very best kind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our cat hates our new pup, always has, but not going to get rid of him!! We have a baby gate up so that the cat can come and go and the dog is banned from the cat's areas. Fearghas LOVES the cat, and hopefully once he's grown up a bit the cat will change his mind about the dog.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Craigslist is a terrible place.
But it gives many animals an extra chance to find a home they wouldn't find a shelter. So at least the person cares enough to post an ad on craigslist, instead of just dropping the cat at a shelter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts