Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my breeders last week and picked out a beautiful female, well they all were beautiful but she was unique looking, well I knew the breeder was taking 4 of the 11 pups and picking 1 male and 1 female the 2 best of each sex. Well the female I picked first is the same her husband picked as a keeper lol... So Saturday I have 7 females I get to choose from, I have all breeding rights to one of these pups, they are all show quality, but she is selling some with limited registration so they cant be bred with papers anyhow... The 2 I picked were the bigger of the females, Im excited to see which of the several I get to choose from or I should say which one the breeder picks for me.

Cash was picked by her for me and he is awesome, and he has a therapy dog test in 2 weeks FIngers crossed he passes.....

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Congratulations! That's very exciting news. Make sure to post lots of pictures :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!! Im excited, If I do breed later in the future I want to make sure the new pup and Cash have some titles or at least show the great quality of a rottweiler, (not to mention health wise) I was going to get a male then I heard stories of stud dogs and aggression and if I decided on using Cash and the new pup as stud dogs I dont want agression between the two, I will have 2 females, but Gypsy will be almost 6 when the new pup is mature and she is spayed.... This girl is going to be named Aries, They were all adorable, yea Im a bit sad my pick was their first pick also, but hey maybe thats a good thing, meaning I know what is good, but the only difference was her nose was a bit more wrinkley then the other girls, I will be happy with anyone, the way my breeder works is she gets 1st or second best of the pups and then someone else is next in line for the next best quality as far as breeding and that would be me.... I pray she has hires me as well to help her with kennel work, I would love to work with her and her dogs, she does it alone and I know how hard it can be...

Now as far as introducing I was thinking 1 dog at a time me and my husband, both dogs on leash(pup included) sniff behinds etc... and muzzled JUST IN CASE.... and then my dogs sleep in crates and when I first got Cash he slept in his kennel next to Gypsy and they have been that way ever since. so I think Aries will go in the middle... WHat type of correction would be advisible if say either of the adults show aggression? Gypsy never did with Cash she would lick him through the kennels...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Congrats let us know when you get your pup!

Introduce your dogs to the knew puppy off your property, like at a park somewhere. Have a friend or someone hold the puppies leash, and you and your husband each have one of your dogs. Let them sniff noses and interact with the pup on neutral territory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts