Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting another sheltie when the time comes to get another dog. And I was hoping to adopt, but it seems that whenever I look at shelties in rescues, they all have fear issues that need to be dealt with. After working with my current dog's shyness, I'd like a dog that I can participate in sports with. So I thought maybe a better option would be to get an adult dog from a breeder seeing as they've already been well socialized, and came from health tested parents. Would it be appropriate to contact a breeder now and get on a waiting list as you do with puppies, or is it better to wait a few months to a year when I'm ready?

I would really appreciate any feedback. :)

·
Registered
8,865 Posts
I'm considering getting another sheltie when the time comes to get another dog. And I was hoping to adopt, but it seems that whenever I look at shelties in rescues, they all have fear issues that need to be dealt with. After working with my current dog's shyness, I'd like a dog that I can participate in sports with. So I thought maybe a better option would be to get an adult dog from a breeder seeing as they've already been well socialized, and came from health tested parents. Would it be appropriate to contact a breeder now and get on a waiting list as you do with puppies, or is it better to wait a few months to a year when I'm ready?

I would really appreciate any feedback. :)
I would contact breeders now. Let them know what you are interest in.

I got a second ACD from the breeder I got my other one from. A retired show bitch. She is working out great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts