Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are getting a puppy!! :D :D :D

but...we are getting him at 6 weeks old. i don't know what to feed him. i am WAY too scared to feed him raw. i don't want to mess him up by not balancing out the diet. i don't have any food to choose from, well, not really. there are the grocery store brands and go! and now! and nutrience. i can order evo, but i don't know if that has too much protein. i have to travel 2 1/2 hours to get the food too! we are in a really small town.

he is a german sheppard X husky. i am SO excited!! we are getting him early because we are in a super SUPER small town and the people don't want to keep the puppies very long and it is hard to convince people of things in small towns... :( but at least we have iorek to help teach him the lessons his brothers, sisters, and mom would teach him. but, the good news is that it was an oops litter and they are spaying the mom when the puppies are gone to homes. not a byb

(i don't have the internet at home yet, hopefully friday we are waiting for the modem to come in the mail, so i won't be back very soon)

·
Registered
361 Posts
No EVO, that's only for adult dogs.

A shephardXhusky definitely falls under large breed so you could put the pup straight onto an adult formula food as long as it isn't one of the grain free ones, those tend to be to high in protein with a bad calcium/phosphorus ratio. The only exception that I know of to that is Taste of the Wild's Pacific Stream formula.

If you can order EVO could you order the regular Innova? The non-EVO version is fine for pups. They have a large breed puppy version but you can just do the adult as well since you don't want the little bugger to grow to quickly.

Best of luck with your little one!

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!

we used to feed iorek large breed eagle pack holistic select. i don't know if i can get that. i can't remember the name of the store that i can order from (where i am ordering the cat and ferret food from) but i have the number at home (still no modem :() and i will call later.

the innova is a good option too, thanks :) i will ask them about it. i am sure that if they have evo they can get regular innova, i hope!

thanks for the help :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts