Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, whenever I leave my puppy in the yard for a while and let her back in, she goes on a rampage around the house, sinking her teeth into anything she sees. I've tried to line up an open door in her crate with the sliding door so when I open it, the only place for her to go is the crate but I don't see this as a real long time solution. I was wondering what training I can do with her to get her to come inside in a calm manner.

When she is waiting to come in, she just sits in front of the glass door, calm as anything but once she's inside, it's like she's become an entirely different dog. She's not normally hyperactive and I do give her enough daily exercise and training. She's a 3 month old GSD.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
What you're seeing is the effect of social isolation....left outside on her own...'banished from the pack'. Try going outside with her...you don't have to play or interact....just be there. Walk back in together.....pet her, praise her. See if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does she bolt right in when you open the door? Train her to stay when the door is open until you can see that she is calm. Because I'm assuming she freaks when you open the door and just bolts in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does she bolt right in when you open the door? Train her to stay when the door is open until you can see that she is calm. Because I'm assuming she freaks when you open the door and just bolts in.
Nope, she is trained to sit and wait when I open the door. It's just that as soon as she enters the house she goes nuts. She is very calm while waiting. It's like shes disguising her true form haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts