Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LoL... has anyone seen the advertisement at the top? The collie in the bath and it says "Quick, Get that dog some Alpo!". I'm like WHAT?! LOL... I remember that video a while back ewwww.

I just wonder how the advertisements show up sometimes hehe. On one of my dane forums, there's advertisements up on top about rabbit items, and then BOOM Rabbit Vibrators... LOL, we all had a huge laugh with a thread about that :eek:. Dear Lord... it's funny how they just randomly pop up.
Nessa

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
LoL... has anyone seen the advertisement at the top? The collie in the bath and it says "Quick, Get that dog some Alpo!". I'm like WHAT?! LOL... I remember that video a while back ewwww.
The advert is trying to appeal to anti-snobs who are, ironically, some of the worst snobs.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
LOL, good point. I remember one on here that said "Aggressive Dog?" with a pitbull showing all it's teeth... :rolleyes:

I think I was told it was random advertising.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, good point. I remember one on here that said "Aggressive Dog?" with a pitbull showing all it's teeth... :rolleyes:

I think I was told it was random advertising.
Oh boy I remember that one. I guess they are all random... but it's just ironic how this DF is here to help educate people a bit more on breeds and health and even dog food... and then these random crappy advertisements are on there.

LOL! I still cant believe we have vibe advertisements on my dane forum! LOL! One of the gals was like HEyyyy that looks kool! I didnt know they had them like that!
LOL!!!
What a way for random!
Nessa

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I hate the alpo ads. They're on TV now too. They make fun of people who actually treat their pets as more than "just pets" and say the dog should just eat crap because it's a dog. Sure, if you want to spend as little as possible and don't give a hoot about your dog, go ahead. I have no problem being called a snob.

Some guy walked into the Pet Hotel a few weeks ago and started going on about how stupid it was and blah blah. I told him to **** off, do I come to his work and bother him? My boss gave me a kudos for it. You don't like dog sweaters, don't put one on your dog. If you like day camp, fine. My dog is certainly ALL DOG even if she wears bows and a jacket, comes to day camp and eats real meat instead of all the corn in Alpo.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I think it'd be funny if they listed the ingredients instead of the brand name. "Quick, get that dog some CORN, mystery meat by-products, salt, food coloring and chemical preservatives!" Yum.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I hate the alpo ads. They're on TV now too. They make fun of people who actually treat their pets as more than "just pets" and say the dog should just eat crap because it's a dog. Sure, if you want to spend as little as possible and don't give a hoot about your dog, go ahead. I have no problem being called a snob.

Some guy walked into the Pet Hotel a few weeks ago and started going on about how stupid it was and blah blah. I told him to **** off, do I come to his work and bother him? My boss gave me a kudos for it. You don't like dog sweaters, don't put one on your dog. If you like day camp, fine. My dog is certainly ALL DOG even if she wears bows and a jacket, comes to day camp and eats real meat instead of all the corn in Alpo.
Ditto there... I dont understand it. They are on TV?! I havent seen them yet... Uggh. All my dogs are still dogs no matter how much I 'spoil' them and no matter how much good food they eat.
Nessa

I think it'd be funny if they listed the ingredients instead of the brand name. "Quick, get that dog some CORN, mystery meat by-products, salt, food coloring and chemical preservatives!" Yum.
If they want to tell the truth... thats what it should be!
Nessa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts