Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a few days ago I noticed some scabs on my dog Shadow's underbelly, in the groin area. I've attached photos, but it seems to be scabs with dark red skin beneath. These are just in her groin area, except I did find a small scabby area on her side. When I examine and clean the area, Shadow begins to lick the upper area of her paw.

Some details on Shadow, she is 7 years old, slightly overweight but overall health. It has been extremely hot where we live the past few weeks and she has spent most of her time in the air conditioning.

I would really appreciate any help. Shadow hates going to the vet and its always a struggle, so if this is something simple someone can identify and I can treat at home you'd be saving us.

If there are any questions or any additional information/pictures I can provide, please let me know

Thank you

Steve

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,608 Posts
I apologize, but the only legitimate advice anyone here can give is to take your dog to a vet. Nobody here has seen your dog. Very few here have any veterinary training. And an erroneous guess could put your dog, and due to liability issues, this forum, at risk.

·
Super Moderator
3,793 Posts
Some vets now have systems set up where you can e-mail or text them photos (some even have apps), so they can tell you ahead of time if it's something that needs to be seen by them or if you can take a wait and see approach. It's worth checking with your vet if they offer this, because that way you know that if they ask you to make an appointment then it really is something that needs a professional to check it out. But only the vet can make the call about whether it looks like something that needs treatment or not. Skin issues are tricky, and you don't want a bunch of random strangers who may or may not have relevant veterinary training to make that call for you, trust me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts