Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story of Scott: He is a 3.5 month odl purebred German Shepherd who was adopted... The breeder chose giving him to a loving, caring home then euthanise. Why the thought of euthanasia? Someone told her his blindness would cause his life to suck.

Well, it doesn't suck :)

We think he may have double vision, or even near-sightednss... A vet check will help us figure it out!!

Anyways, he knows how to sit, he knows how to lay down, he knows how to "touch" (My hand in four different areas, he had to touch with his mouth softly, which told me he was NOT fully blind!), he mastered going up the stairs, he's being potty trained... :clap2:
Nothing different between him and a normal dog, other than maybe...Objects that are moved get bumped! :) Scott2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
He is very cute and congrats on adapting him. I have a great deal of respect for people who take in animals in need and give them a great life. He is going to be a very loyal and good friend to you.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Blind dogs do great! What a dummy.

He is a beautiful boy, good luck with him.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
What an adorable puppy, he certainly will have a great life under your care :) Hope to see many pictures of him growing up!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
such a sweet pup....hope the vet check gives some positive outlook, but if not, he'll do fine.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes he is a GSD :) And thanks, all! He is a pain in the butt haha - he's the step BEFORE having kids =D hahaha...

Oh, any ideas how to stop him from running in front of people and tripping them, harming both himself and the person? He doesn't understand that some of us don't stop walking because of him.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Congrats - precious looking pup!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts