Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks

We are about to adopt Teddy - http://www.faithfulfriends.us/pet/4545

Hes obviously part German Shepherd and something else. This is the only photo I have unfortunately, might take some with my phone later on in the week at the shelter.

What other breed do you folks think he might be, just a best educated guess?

Thanks,
Tom.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Oh, look at that face! Muggsy, in my signature, was a golden retriever x german shepherd mix. I think Teddy is likely a GSD x yellow lab, depending upon what they mean by "medium" as to size.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I see so much Shephard, it's hard to see more in him! He has some refinement though that makes me think sheltie in his face.

He's a cutie! Good luck with your new addition. :)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I agree with Amaryllis. One of the noticeable differences between a GSD x Gold and a GSDxLab is that the Gold variety has a sharper nose .... according to people who post on Google (images). So Teddy looks like mostly GSD with maybe a bit of Lab. Two anecdotal tests (I made them up!) that you can try: 1) See if he has webbed feet (I don't think a pure GSD has webbing); 2) See how he reacts to water. I think a GSD has to learn to like water, while a Lab will dig in his water dish, will drink from the faucet, and may play when squirted from a hose.... A GSD may bite the water, but not play... Anecdotal, not scientific :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
All I know is he is 100% handsome! Congrats on your new addition, and post pics when you get him!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts