Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Callie is 10 months old. Pedigree shepherd, her mum was black and tan with the saddle her dad pure black, both registered with the AKC. Callie has sabling underneath her black but looks predominantly black with tan points and a bit of grey sabling on her shoulders and neck...will she fade any more? Thanks
[/IMG]:confused:

please i need to know what her colouring is called, i've never seen a colour like this before on a shepherd, ive only ever owned pure black or sables with the saddle

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
It's not sabling...just fading color. If it's along her back it's called bitch stripe.

Are you sure you mean saddled sables, and you didn't just own faded black and tans?

For example, what color is this boy:

And what color is this boy:

Your bitch LOOKS like a Bicolor...but I can't tell since she's not standing up

·
Registered
226 Posts
Callie is 10 months old. Pedigree shepherd, her mum was black and tan with the saddle her dad pure black, both registered with the AKC. Callie has sabling underneath her black but looks predominantly black with tan points and a bit of grey sabling on her shoulders and neck...will she fade any more? Thanks
[/IMG]:confused:

please i need to know what her colouring is called, i've never seen a colour like this before on a shepherd, ive only ever owned pure black or sables with the saddle
Your Shepherd is marked very similar to my dog (he is a mix), which further inclines me to think he has some shepherd in him.
(Silly picture, but you can see all of his tan points pretty good in it)

She is a gorgeous dog, BTW! I love black/tan shepherds.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Your puppy looks Shepherd x Rott BC&E

·
Registered
235 Posts
what if some were down its blood line theres a dog that isnt pure and that color gene got passed down or something

Click?
l
l
v

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
No, that is a proper GSD color.

They come in:
Black and Tan
Blue and Tan
Liver and Tan
Liver Sable
Blue Sable
Solid Black
Solid Blue
Solid Liver
Solid White
Sable

All the 'and tan' dogs + the sables can come in:
Saddle
Blanket
Bi-color

·
Registered
226 Posts
Your puppy looks Shepherd x Rott BC&E
Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus on him. He has all the classic markings, but now that he has gotten older his tail has gotten very full, just like a Shepherd's tail. We're still not sure where the curly ears came from... they seem to get curlier the older he gets!

(Sorry I jacked your thread GSDGAL! :eek: )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your Shepherd is a bi-color with some unusual faults (the tan markings above the eyes, on the neck and tops of the fromt legs)

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
JMP, the dog's color is NOT faulted in anyway. That's a normal bi color.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
JMP, the dog's color is NOT faulted in anyway. That's a normal bi color.
Yeah... I'm no shepherd expert, but even I knew that it wasn't a fault. I had a long haired shepherd that was bi-color like that. She also had a clef pallet... (she was my heart dog)

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
So the story is is that Foyerhawk decides to bring in a cutie patootie German shepherd puppy and not tell us Dogforums people :p

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I'm going to pray for Foyer, considering he's got Lord Gleisdrick behind him xD!!!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Spicy, he's a black and tan bi-color :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts