Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I had a person post to one of my facebook message boards asking me if Gentle Giants Dog food was any good. I told her that I was not impressed with the food or the organization that developed it.. and explained that there had been some controversy as to whether they were creditable or not...That I was not saying that they were good or bad, only trying to make her aware that things may not be what they seem and suggested she continue to do her research before making a decision.... Well she asked if I had any websites to support my negative claims... Which got me to thinking, are there any written reports etc available supporting either sides of the debate??? I thought I had seen some on here a while back but can't seem to locate any???

·
Registered
935 Posts
There a extremely new company, it is a area that has just exploded in the last 2 to 3 years, so there is not much data out there on it.

For giant breeds it is simple that puppy food is not needed and you need to look at the ratio's in the food.
Raw is the best way to go for any dog breed but if a person does not want to go that route then they need to do the research themselves.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is the rescue run by the Batman actor with the Disney font on their page, if I remember right?

I don't know much about them, but I do know people had some negative dealings with them and if you type in "Gentle Giants Rescue Reviews" you can find a ton of negative reviews online. From my understanding they don't take great care of the dogs, aren't totally honest about them, and are possibly breeding as well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This is the rescue run by the Batman actor with the Disney font on their page, if I remember right?

I don't know much about them, but I do know people had some negative dealings with them and if you type in "Gentle Giants Rescue Reviews" you can find a ton of negative reviews online. From my understanding they don't take great care of the dogs, aren't totally honest about them, and are possibly breeding as well.
Ohhhhhhh man, those reviews are horrendous. :fear:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I used to be on a forum, and a woman surrendered her dog to them (he had health issues and she couldn't afford to fix it) and it was awful. They absolutely didn't give him the care that he needed, but when she tried to get the dog back, they didn't let her. I don't remember if we ever learned what happened to that poor dog.

That was 10 years ago or something but still... I would stay away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts